Lots of beautiful food presentation in this beautiful country. Gotta appreciate a drizzle or a garnish. Lately I’ve been having a lot of dreams about food presentation and having regrets about putting together last-minute parties and things. These are my nightmares. But actually I had two dreams about being pregnant so that was also an unpleasant alternate reality.
- That orange thing in the back is cheese. I just figured that out now, I couldn’t decipher it for the longest time hahaha.
- Quality baked goods. Yay. Baking is the easiest and hardest thing to do, it seems. Or maybe balancing the federal budget or some shit haha. No taxes or no entitlement programs, one simple choice so much heartache. That’s my political analysis of the day.
- 99% sure this is the right location. Vaughan’s Pubs, there are quite a few in Ireland.
- Sat next to a window here, what a wonderful opportunity for natural lighting!
- Good and creamy, more warm seafood comfort foods. Served in a lovely ceramic with brown bread.
- What a lovely plate! I feel like the rhubarb season around here is 2 weeks or so, you can never even find the stuff. It actually seemed pretty common where we went, so I had to partake at least once. The crumble was mushy and sweet sour, very good.
- Menu here was on a blackboard that he brings over to your table. HOME COOKIN, that’s the stuff!!!
- Okay, I did have an issue with these because the vegetables were stir-fried before they were wrapped and fried in the wrapper. Just not the cool lump of cabbage and carrot I was expecting. Flavors kind of clashed for me. And I am not an eggroll purist, okay, because THESE have been on my to-do list for about a year. But pre-stir-frying is apparently where I draw the line.
- Took a picture of these cause I darn well felt like it. Did I eat it cold? Yes I did. And I liked it. Cold leftovers were a topic of discussion among us and I was alone in the “for” column, but I stick to my guns.